GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
Bal Bharati Schools have their own Grievance redressal System in an informal manner i.e through direct supervision of the Principal of each school. In formal sense along with the provision of suggestion boxes, the Grievance redressal Cell of all the schools was created in 2012. The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance Cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the School Principal or address his/her grievances to the Students’ Grievance Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox / suggestion box of the Grievance Cell placed at the Administrative Block as well as Academic Block of each school.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Cell has been constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the school with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the school by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the school through promoting cordial Student-Student and Student-teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block and Academic Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics/Administration in the school.
- Advising Students of the school to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting students against other students, teachers and school administration.
- Advising all staff members to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules is urgently brought to the notice of the School Principal.
MECHANISM FOR REDRESSAL OF GRIEVANCES OF STUDENTS AND STAFF
The students are the main stakeholders in any institution imparting education, and its our endeavour to make all efforts to ensure transparency in all the activities at different stages. Taking this spirit in consideration, the school has a set mechanism for students to redress their grievances.
The Grievances may broadly include the following complaints of the aggrieved students:
- Grievance related to Assessment
- Grievance related to Victimization
- Grievance related to Attendance
- Grievance related to charging of fees
- Grievance regarding conducting of Examinations
- Harassment by other students or teachers etc.
It is good to air a grievance rather than to keep it bottled up. Protection of human rights is essential for all round development of an individual’s personality. To realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody, a grievance redressal cell has been constituted. The cell is intended to find solutions for problems like sexual harassment –any kind of physical or mental harassment, complaints regarding class room teaching-class room management, completion of syllabus, teaching methods etc, if and when they arise. The grievance redressal cell convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance.
Students and staff complaints
Department grievance committee
Institute level grievance committee
Central grievance Redressal committee
Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available with the administration department and drop it in boxes.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will insure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Responsibility for Redressal
- The final responsibility for grievance redressal rests with the Principal of the School.
- The school expects that grievance redressal be time bound and result oriented. Every grievance is expected to be resolved within a reasonable period.
The grievance Redressal cell of the school shall monitor status and progress of grievance redressal and shall furnish report on grievance redressal position to the Chairman of the school.
In case of any grievance the members of the cell are empowered to sort out the problems at their level through discussion with students.
In case the members fail to find out any solution then the matter is referred to the Principal / Chairman for final commitment on the matter.
Considering the nature and depth of the grievances, due inquiry is made by the members of the cell and the matter is solved through personal discussion. If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance, immediate action is being taken by the School Management.
The grievance redressal cell shall not entertain the following issues:
- Decisions with regard to award of scholarship, fee concessions, medals etc;
- Decisions made by the school with regard to disciplinary matters and misconduct.
- Decisions of the university about admissions in any courses offered by the school.
- Decisions by competent authority on assessment and examination results.